Monday, December 6, 2010

Javascript syntax highlighting problem in Netbeans 6.9

I had troubles figuring out how to highlight my javascript syntax in netbeans 6.9. it worked fine in 6.8. Even when I tried to make a new file, a javascript option doesn't show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

On a fresh install of 10.10 and 6.9, I found the NetBeans Update Centre was not ticked under Tools|Plugins|Settings tab.

I tried an update first, and got the message that the IDE was up to date. After ticking this box, I got many updates, and my code formatting is back to how I expect.

7 comments:

  1. It seems that you have to update your plugins.

    Before updating Go to Tools->Plugins->Settings
    and make sure all packages are set to true in the active column(click each category ie. "Netbeans, Netbenas for Ubuntu, etc," and tick the box that says to automatically update).

    Then go to the Update Tab and check for Updates. Then update, restart the IDE and repeat until there are no more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry forgot to say here:

    click each category ie. "Netbeans, Netbenas for Ubuntu, etc," and tick the box that says to automatically update).

    that you have to click in the Edit button for each category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what was my post about ;).
    Thanks for deeper explanation.

    ReplyDelete